Current:Home > MyWoman alleges Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs raped her on video in latest lawsuit -WealthX
Woman alleges Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs raped her on video in latest lawsuit
Ethermac Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 16:24:47
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Another woman sued Sean “Diddy” Combs on Tuesday, alleging that the music mogul and his head of security raped her and recorded it on video at his New York recording studio in 2001.
The lawsuit filed in federal court in New York, the latest of several similar suits against Combs, comes a week after he was was arrested and a federal sex trafficking indictment against him was unsealed.
Thalia Graves alleges that when she was 25 and dating an executive who worked for Combs in the summer of 2001, Combs and Joseph Sherman lured her to a meeting at Bad Boy Recording Studios. She said they picked her up in an SUV and during the ride gave her a drink “likely laced with a drug.”
According to the lawsuit, Graves lost consciousness and awoke to find herself bound inside Combs’ office and lounge at the studio. The two men raped her, slapped her, slammed her head against a pool table and ignored her screams and cries for help, the lawsuit alleges.
At a news conference in Los Angeles with one of her attorneys, Gloria Allred, Graves said she has suffered from “flashbacks, nightmares and intrusive thoughts” in the years since.
“It has been hard for me to trust others to form healthy relationships or even feel safe in my own skin,” Graves said, crying as she read from a statement.
She said it is “a pain that reaches into your very core of who you are and leaves emotional scars that may never fully heal.”
Combs remains jailed without bail in New York on federal charges alleging that he ran a vast network that facilitated sexual crimes and committed shocking acts of violence, using blackmail and other tactics to protect Combs and those close to him.
He pleaded not guilty to racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking. His attorney said he is innocent and will fight to clear his name. His representatives did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment on the latest lawsuit. There was no immediate indication from the lawsuit or from Combs’ representatives whether Sherman had a separate attorney who could comment on the allegations.
Graves’ lawsuit also alleges that late last year, after Combs’ former singing protege and girlfriend Cassie filed a lawsuit that began the surge of allegations against him, Graves learned through her former boyfriend that Combs had recorded her rape, shown it to others and sold it as pornography.
The Associated Press does not typically name people who say they have been sexually abused, unless they come forward publicly as Graves and Cassie, whose legal name is Casandra Ventura, have done.
Graves’ lawsuit says both Combs and Sherman contacted her multiple times in the years after the assault, threatening repercussions if she told anyone what had happened to her. She was in a divorce and custody fight at the time and feared losing her young son if she revealed anything, the suit says.
Graves said at the news conference that the guilt and shame attached “often made me feel worthless, isolated and sometimes responsible for what happened to me.”
The lawsuit seeks damages to be determined at trial and for all copies of the video to be accounted for and destroyed.
It also names as defendants several companies owned by Combs, the three-time Grammy winner and founder of Bad Boy Records who was among the most influential hip-hop producers and executives of the past three decades.
veryGood! (68941)
Related
- 'Kraven the Hunter' spoilers! Let's dig into that twisty ending, supervillain reveal
- Lisa Bonet files for divorce from Jason Momoa 18 years after they became a couple
- JetBlue’s CEO is stepping down, and he’ll be replaced by the first woman to lead a big US airline
- Headless, drained of blood and missing thumbs, cold case victim ID'd after nearly 13 years
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- Classes resume at Michigan State building where 2 students were killed
- Guatemala’s president-elect announces his Cabinet ahead of swearing-in
- Iowa Legislature reconvenes with subdued start ahead of presidential caucuses
- Appeals court scraps Nasdaq boardroom diversity rules in latest DEI setback
- Trump says he'll attend appeals court arguments over immunity in 2020 election case
Ranking
- The Louvre will be renovated and the 'Mona Lisa' will have her own room
- A look at recent crashes and safety problems involving Boeing planes
- Scientists find about a quarter million invisible nanoplastic particles in a liter of bottled water
- Singer, actress Halle Bailey announces birth of son: Welcome to the world my halo
- Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
- Stop annoying junk mail and group chats with these genius tech tips
- Police name dead suspect in 3 Virginia cold cases, including 2 of the ‘Colonial Parkway Murders’
- Pennsylvania Senator sends letter demanding details of baby formula recall
Recommendation
Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
House Republicans release contempt resolution against Hunter Biden
Iowa Legislature reconvenes with subdued start ahead of presidential caucuses
CES 2024 kicks off in Las Vegas soon: What to know about the consumer technology show
Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
Arizona Governor Vows to Update State’s Water Laws
Arrest made in deadly pre-Christmas Florida mall shooting
Christopher Nolan Reacts to Apology From Peloton Instructor After Movie Diss